At the risk of this post sounding like a shameless plug for my business which I can assure you it isn’t (okay maybe a little), I’d like to highlight some of the key benefits a coach may provide for those of you considering taking things to the next level with your training and nutrition.
1. Continued guidance and support throughout the process - We will guide and support you as much or as little as you wish and provide you with the best possible information we have in order to achieve your goals.
2. Accountability - Knowing you have someone guiding and monitoring you throughout the process means there’s a high likeliness of staying on track and not straying away from your goal.
3. Structure - We will provide you with the proverbial blueprint to achieve the goals that we set together, making it a simple process to do as you’re told without any second guessing!😉
4. A “Third Eye” - Sometimes during a dieting phase you may misjudge things, create negative and false thoughts about how you look and feel especially deep in a depletion phase and a large calorie deficit, it’s our job to give reassurance or even constructive criticism having a more accurate perception of how you look, in many cases you look a lot better than you feel you do. It’s also our job to point out weak points that need working on too!
5. We have also “Walked the Walk” - Many great coaches will have put themselves through the same processes you will go through, having picked up a lot of first hand experience on the way this means we know many of the troubles and hardships that may arise. This puts us in a great position to help you break through those mental and physical barriers as we’ve also dealt with those bumps in the road before.
6. Team work makes the dream work! - If you’ve got pretty far on your lonesome, investing in a coach could add some serious firepower when it comes to taking things to the next level, especially if you’re working together as a team!
7. We will always have your health and best interests at heart - It’s our job to tell you when things need to slow down, speed up, whether we believe you’re ready to take steps or give your body a well deserved break. Using our experience and judgement we aren’t afraid to “put the brakes on” if certain situations arise and your health becomes a concern.
8. We benefit from your success just as much as you do! - If you fail, we fail! Just kidding, ultimately though we want to get you the best result but in the safest and most effective way possible. The better your result, the more reputable we remain or become as a coach, remember our reputation is always on the line too.
9. Mentorship - Don’t just use us as dictators that demand things of you. Try to absorb every piece of information we give you as we’re ultimately trying to teach and mentor you. You may in the future become a coach yourself, in the same way many of us have been mentored by coaches in the past and present. Needless to say many coaches have their own coaches, there is always someone with more experience or a slightly different background so be willing to learn and take in as much information as possible.